Jose Manuel Beas: Consultant, mentor and Agile coach
One of the few Agile consultants in Spain with hands-on experience on real transformations in big companies like BBVA Spain, eDreams ODIGEO and ING Direct Spain, with a long previous experience as an IT consultant and PM.
- to design and ellaborate training programs,
- to hire and/or train other Agile coaches for you or your clients,
- to give training or strategic advice to the upper and middle management on everything related to an organizational transformation using Lean/Agile methods.
Also likes to work with startups and small companies, specially helping them to improve their products.
- Independent consultant (Since 2018) Freelance
- Consulting, mentoring and Agile coaching
- BBVA Spain, 1 year finding the most suitable process to manage and funding the whole strategic projects portfolio (~200 projects) using an experimental and user centric approach.
- ThinkersCo, Agile clinic sessions with the team of this Design Thinking shop to consolidate their Agile knowledge and gain insights in order to adapt their processes and collaborate more effectively with Agile teams.
- eDreams ODIGEO (2016-2017)
- Internal (employee) Lean and Agile coach
- Helping teams and managers at all levels and departments (not only IT), using Kanban as the main framework to enable the transformation of this on-line travel agency with ~1700 employees. Find out something more in this article.
- Independent consultant (2011-2015) Freelance
- Agile coaching, training and consulting for corporates and startups, e.g.
- ING Direct Spain, ~2 years as Agile coach working with teams and upper and middle management in their transformation towards a continuous improvement company.
- Infobolsa (BMEX group), Agile coach for a team, newbie with Agile, who had to migrate and integrate a product for an strategic customer.
- Specialized in training for Product Owners.
- reeeLab (2012-2014) Co-founder
- Helping small companies changing into a continuous improvement culture using Agile and Lean methods and a cross-discipline approach.
- Agile communities (Since 2009) Volunteer
- Co-founder of Agile-Spain, evangelizing on Agile and organizing conferences and other community events. Also co-founder of Agilismo.es, evangelizing on software craftsmanship practices. Both non-profit organizations. Also organized CAS2012, Corporate Agile and SaveInformaticOS.
- Kotasoft (Madrid) Project Manager for CNP Vida (now CNP Partners). Dramatic recovery of a death-march project using Agile methods and engineering best practices. (2010-11)
- DEGESYS (Madrid) Project Manager in a startup developing a SaaS business solution and the infrastructure to be run. I also helped introducing Agile best practices like Continuous Integration. (2006-08)
- Madcat Consulting (Madrid) Project Manager and Software Architect of a 250K€ project for Telefonica, S.A using Spring and Hibernate and some XP best practices (CI, frequent releases…) (2005-06)
- COSTAISA (Barcelona) Technical supervision of a migration from NATURAL/ADABAS into Java/Oracle. (2004)
- Capgemini (Barcelona) Prototype for a pictures exchange engine and a GIS development of the cleaning trucks for the Cleaning Services of the Barcelona Town Council. (2003)
- Thales I.S. – SGO (Barcelona) Architecture and development of applications and systems for an internet banking (including WAP) for AlRajhi Banking in Saudi Arabia and a bank teller for ANZ Bank in Australia. Improvements in the development process such as automated deployments or documentation with UML and XSLT. (2001-03)
- Telenium (Madrid) Technical leader in a CMS for WebTV. A/P in a web front-end for the CRM of an important project made by HP and Telefonica Data. A/P in an HP product for the telephone line number portability. (1999-01)
- Consej. de Obras Públicas y Urbanismo de Andalucia (Seville) Analyst for a GIS application. (1999)
- Centro de Cálculo Onubense (Huelva) Technical consultant integrating GeneXus and MySQL. (1998)
- CSIC, Estación Biológica de Doñana (Sevilla) Configuration of the DNS subdomain (1997)
- Previsión Española (Sevilla) Programming in COBOL for this insurance company (1996)
- Asegasa (Sevilla) Technical support for the customers of this insurance company (1995)
- Final Year Project: Study for a network of web kiosks to offer information and services for the University Community.
- Scholarship (1993-96). Design of an environment data adquisition network for the Environment Agency of Andalusian gov.
- Spanish Mother tongue
- English Business English (although I’m not bilingual)
- Catalan After some years living in Barcelona I can easily understand.
Also worked for:
You can also find my slides and videos (in Spanish mostly) as a speaker in events like Conference Agile-Spain (several talks and workshops since 2010), UXSP 2013, DrupalCamp 2014 or Codemotion 2014.
Prologued the book “Agile Design using TDD” by Carlos Blé (2010) and authored the chapter “Agile Product Development for Startups” for “Spain Lean Startup 2013”.
Computer Science Engineer (speciality: Organization and Management). University of Seville (1996)